Re: squeeze digikam permission issue

Alle lunedì 13 settembre 2010, Rainer Dorsch ha scritto:
> Am Montag, 13. September 2010 schrieben Sie:
> > On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch@web.de>
wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > when downloading photos from my Canon EOS 1000D, I am facing a
> > > permission problem in squeeze and have to
> > >
> > > chgrp plugdev /dev/bus/usb/001/009
> > >
> > > (depending which usb ID the cam gets assigned).
> > >
> > > Does everybody have to do that or is it a specific problem I have
> > > here for some reason?
> >
> > Hmm, and the original group is "root" I guess? If so, I guess it's
>
> Yes, that is correct.
>
> > some bug in udev, but I do not have enough knowledge on udev to
> > tell exactly what may be going on there.
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=427963 shows similar
> effects, but the fix proposed in there did not work for me.
>
> Anybody else seeing this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Rainer

Hi Rainer,

This doesn't want to be a fix to your problem, just a simple suggestion.
I have a camera (Canon EOS 300D) and I have always used to remove the
memory and plug it into an external reader for downloading purposes.
This spared the battery because in the other way, the camera must be
turned on. Bye

Valerio