Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Thursday 06 May 2010 1:00:22 am Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Furthermore, I file bug reports and feature requests for KDE. If you
> let me know what problems you are having with KDE 4.4, I will gladly
> file issues. KDE 4.0 and 4.1 were a mess, but KDE 4.2 and 4.3 were
> very usable. So far as I know KDE 4.4 addresses all but three or four
> KDE 3 regression issues. It's also lightweight on hardware (lighter
> that KDE 3!) so long as you are not loading Qt3 apps in addition to
> the Qt4.
>
> Just let me know what is still broken, and I will see if it can be
> taken care of. Thanks!

I just upgraded to KDE 4.4 from unstable, and noticed the following problem
with KDE PIM.  Specifically, when checking the checkbox for a task in the To-do
List causes repeated synchronization attempts with my disconnected imap
server.  The Tasks.index file increases it size and multiple tasks are created
during the repeated synchronization attempts.  Ultimately I have to kill
kontact and start again.  The tasks do show up as selected by the checkbox,
and I can delete them normally without incident.  I am using the groupware
features of KDE with disconnected imap.  I am using courier-imap.    This bug
is triggered just by selecting the checkbox for any task.

If instead of using the checkbox feature to indicate that a task has been
completed in the To-do LIst, you use the right mouse button and select
'Delete', the task is deleted and synchronized with the imap server without
any problems.

Thanks,

John Schmidt