Re: Keyboard funniness - ctrl+shift not working ( REALLY SOLVED THIS TIME )

 Another follow-up.

 My earlier resolution - fiddling with xorg - and suspecting an
 X / evdev / kde 4.2.4 / phase of moon related problem for the
 ctrl+shift+cursor keys .. was misguided.

 It seems that KPhotoAlbum - which I did not have open when
 I proclaimed success earlier! - has a global shortcut tied to
 those key combination.

 I've raised this over on the KPA list, but I'm a bit befuddled why
 this would be set - it's a) a common key combination for normal
 usage patterns, and b) an odd thing to have as a /global/ shortcut.

 I suspect there aren't many KPhotoAlbum users on this list, but
 now it's archived for all to find if they hit the same problem.

 Jedd.