Re: A few problems with KDE 4.2

On Wednesday 03 June 2009 15:52:50 David wrote:
>  I fixed the problem
> before by setting that "Dontzap" Xorg option to "Off", but the Dontzap
> option seems to have no effect now.
This is my xorg.conf contents (all of it):
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Driver          "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option          "DontZap"               "false"
EndSection
and Ctl+Alt+Backspace is working for me again.
And I agree that it's annoying that they disabled it by default.

I don't know if you used nvidia-xconfig to generate your xorg.conf file, but it
looks like nvidia-xconfig is unaware of X version >= 1.6 and generates a way
too large xorg.conf file. "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" does seem to be aware
of version >= 1.6