Re: several package related bugs in kde4.22

Hello Hans-J. Ullrich,

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 12:24:36 +0200
"Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

  | 3. HAL or solid is not mounting new cdroms or DVD-Roms. Let me please explain:
  | New CD-Roms or DVDs are detected and shown as new hardware. KDE offers me to
  | look with them using dolphin or digicam. But when I choose dolphin, the
  | dolphin window is empty. I checked, and discovered, the new cdrom is not
  | mounted. So hal does not mount the drive. I do not know, which package or
  | application is responsible for this, so if you know, please add a bugreport.

Thanks to gkiagia on #debian-kde, we found out that the reason why i also had a blank
screen when trying on open my NTFS external USB drive was because i had the disk already
in /etc/fstab, but referenced by its UUID and not the device.

Removing the reference to the disk allowed the Device Notifier applet to mount the disk just fine.

Thanks,

Philippe