keyboard layout problem during migration to kde4

Hi,

I've upgraded to KDE 4.2 now that it's available in Debian sid.  Among
the few bumps during the upgrade, the right ALT key on my keyboard
(Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000) is no longer recognized as such.
Going into the System Settings -> Regional & Language -> Keyboard
layout, I selected Microsoft Natural Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard 7000,
since it is almost identical (it's just a wireless version).  In the
"Advanced" tab, I checked "Alt and Meta are on Alt keys", but the right
ALT key is still not recognized as such.  I cannot find useful pointers
on this.

Another issue is that I cannot add further language layouts.  I have 4
languages so far, but need a couple more, and clicking on the right
pointing arrow button doesn't add the selected language layout.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb