Re: Akonadi, Nepomuk, and PowerDevil

On Friday 10 April 2009, Michael Schuerig wrote:

> Akonadi wants its own instance of MySQL to be running, for whatever
> reason, even though there are no "resources" set up in its
> configuration. Am I supposed to do something there?

Akonadi uses the database for a couple of things:
- ensuring unique identifiers for its collections and items
- relation between collections and items
- meta data such as MIME types
- caching of actual data

Not having any resources is a bit weird.
The KDEPIM package contains a helper program, kres-migrator, which should have
been run by the first KDE application either accessing address book or
calendar.
Its should then have created Akonadi resources for all KDE address books
respectively calendars.

It could have been disable though, i.e. its config can contain an option
prohibiting it from doing that.
You can check with a command like this:
% kreadconfig --file kres-migratorrc --group Migration --key Enabled

Cheers,
Kevin