Akonadi, Nepomuk, and PowerDevil

Akonadi, Nepomuk, and PowerDevil are all supposed to do good things
behind the scenes. Unfortunately, they are not very forthcoming with
information about what exactly they do or what their needs are.

Akonadi wants its own instance of MySQL to be running, for whatever
reason, even though there are no "resources" set up in its
configuration. Am I supposed to do something there?

Nepomouk is somehow involved with Desktop Search and the "Semantic
Desktop" (whatever that means). It points out that Strigi is not
running, but doesn't tell me, that, how or why I ought to start it.

PowerDevil points out that another power manager has been detected,
preventing it from working properly. Well, that's fine, but how do I
find the other miscreant? I deinstalled (k)powersaved, who else might be
interfering?

My impression of KDE4, so far, is that the applications generally work
nicely and with improvements. However, the infrastructure (as above) and
the desktop itself, still appears to be rather rough. Nothing on the
Debian packagers, of course.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig