Re: Amarok after Lenny release

On Tuesday 02 December 2008, Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu> wrote
about 'Amarok after Lenny release':
>as most of you know, KDE 4 is going to replace KDE 3 in unstable soon
> after Lenny release. At that point the following is planned to be done
> with Amarok:

[snip: Amarok 1.4 is dead, love live Amarok 2]

While I've still got limited interest in KDE 4 or Amarok 2, I think your
strategy for Amarok 2 is probably the only one that makes sense.  I know
it's not as complete as 1.4, but people that want 1.4 (and KDE 3) can
continue running Lenny for quite a while.

I'll be in that boat, and as long as security and stability issues are
addressed (as is SOP for stable) I'll be fine with it.

The release cycle for Sqeeze will probably see both KDE 4 and Amarok 2
eclipse their older versions in functionality if not also stability,
efficiency, and performance.

I still think the "best" plan would have been to have KDE 3 / 4 and
associated applications be co-installable for at least one Debian release,
but I don't do enough to help the project as is and that's a lot of work
for developers with not a lot of interest.

Executive Summary: From one user that won't be interested in Amarok 2 for a
while, your plan sounds reasonable and acceptable.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))