Re: Konqueror's language identification and KDE 4.1.2

El Viernes, 3 de Octubre de 2008, DVW escribió:
> 2. As I've just said, I'm using KDE 4.1.2. Yesterday I checked the repos
> since I knew 4.1.2 release was planned for 1st of October. Well I upgraded
> and such but I'm a bit surprised there's not even an annoucement in KDE's
> website nor any blog, news, etc, concerning this new release. What's going
> on? Is KDE 4.1.2 really out or the packages in the Debian repos are SVN or
> something like that?

The announcement has arrived about an hour ago to the kde-announce list.

Why you saw the packages first? Well, because KDE is such a great project.
When KDE tags a release, the announcement is done more or less a week later.
In that time, tarballs are prepared, tested, and released to the packagers
(only). During that time the packagers have time enough to prepare the
binaries and upload them.

This also gives time to translators to work on the announcement, etc.

IMHO, this is something that A LOT of projects do very very badly. Is really
frustrating seeing that a major release of a software is released, and that
you just can't even take a look at it because is not packaged, not
translated, modules/plugins are not ported, etc.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2