Re: [KDE 4.1 backports] yakuake missing

Ana Guerrero wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 11:32:17AM -0400, Ben E. Hard wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm missing the kde4-version of yakuake in the backports. It is included
>> in experimental and the kde3-version crashes under kde4, so I suggest
>> including it in the lenny backports for kde4.
>>

> Backports for 4.1 are meant only for kde4 official packages, so it is not
> exaclty missing :)

Ok, then it is not missing, but I miss it :-) Still that policy will probably become if not a problem, then at least something uncomfortable: with each new application being ported to kde4 and not being included in lenny, one would have to get it from experimental. But I'm not saying you should do all that work of packing all kde4-programms. Would they be included in the normal backports? If not, the idea of using lenny + kde4 will always be a mix of kde3 + 4 with some programs not working or not integrating completely in kde4.

> I will look when backporting 4.1.1 to include it, but i can not promise it
> (it is not a big job, but if i include yakuake, then i can be asked for
> include more and more programs...). In the case of yakuake, i am the
> maintainer and know the situation pretty well, not in the case of another
> kde4 apps. We'll see :)
>
> OTOH, if you grab package from experimental, it will work perfeclty, and
> it won't push any depend.
I did that, works perfectly.

Thanks. Ben