Questions about KDE4

Hi,

some people here obviously already tried it. I cannot (only one system without
a CD writer) and have some questions:

First: is it possible to try it in something like VirtualBox?

The KDE people tell about lots of features but leave a lot unclear. Like
Phonon can reroute audio in a central way. However, does that require that
applications actually use Phonon for audio, then?

I am missing a overview over the state of applications: which ones are already
KDE4 ready (completely, I mean) and which ones are hopelessly left behind and
still at KDE3?

I can still run KDE3 applications on a KDE4 desktop but what happens to
KDE3-desktop things like system sounds for such applications (arts is
probably not staying around). Is dcop compatible with the new d-bus stuff?

Thanks

HS