Re: Multi-tasking

El miércoles, 28 de junio de 2006 12:54, Anders E. Andersen escribió:
> Pretty much the only thing that comes to my mind is if you are running a
> kernel that has been compiled with the 'preemptible kernel' option.

s/with/without/

> Without a preemptible kernel, the desktop experience is not as good.

	You can see if you have such kernel, if you compiled in the option for
including the configuration in the running kernel:

	If you have /proc/config:

ender@polgara:~$ cat /proc/config |grep PREE
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_BKL=y
# CONFIG_DEBUG_PREEMPT is not set

	If you have a compressed one (as I do):

ender@polgara:~$ zcat /proc/config.gz |grep PREE
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_BKL=y
# CONFIG_DEBUG_PREEMPT is not set

	Mine is compiled for desktop.  Debian kernels are not (they have
CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE=y and CONFIG_PREEMPT=n.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
El conceto es el conceto.