Re: KMail 3.5.1-1 crashes when retrieving new maessages

Graham Smith wrote: (<200603012118.42108.graham@crazysquirrel.com>)

> I've been experiencing similar bad behaviour from kmail recently. I've
> been unable to track it down but it seems to have something to do with
> IMAP and corrupt index files. I think occasionally a bad mail is able to
> cause kmail to corrupt it's index although I've been unable to reproduce
> the problem. Sometimes opening the account with thunderbird and moving
> main in the inbox into another folder fixes the problem. most of the time
> I have to delete the cache files though and rebuild them (which is a real
> pain in the neck).
>
> Please share a solution if you find one.
I could reproduce it. Moving a folder to another fixes the problem, but
another folder (I have a lot of them, so I finally gave up) always fails
afterwards. So it didn't solve the problem, but it seems to be
index-related.

JT