hared memory segment size mismatch

Checking my .xsession-errors, i have noticed:

(...)
Xsession: X session started for pol at Wed Aug  3 06:55:04 CEST 2005
xset:  bad font path element (#69), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax
startkde: Starting up...
kbuildsycoca running...
kded: KDEDKMLDonkey::KDEDKMLDonkey("kmldonkeyd")
kded: Listening on 127.0.0.1 port 37435
kded: KDEDKMLDonkey initialised.
kcminit: ERROR: Shared memory segment size mismatch
libhal.c 767 : org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceDoesNotExist raised
"Service "org.freedesktop.Hal" does not exist"

Will you please help me to understand the meaning of the line 'kcminit:...' ?

thank you

--pol