/etc/apt/preferences for kde 3.4

So I found the source for kde 3.4 debian packages (alioth), added it to my sources.list. Tried a dist-upgrade and it kept all my kde apps back.
Then I tried

apt-get -t experimental dist-upgrade

and it found the 3.4 KDE packages but also tried to upgrade to experimental versions of other packages like libc6 (when I'd rather stick with unstable for those).

does anyone have an example /etc/apt/preferences file which gets only experimental versions of KDE 3.4 and stays in unstable for everything else? Or are the experimental versions of libc6 and other packages required by kde3.4?

--
University of Victoria
Department of Computer Science