Re: Kvim broken in alioth

Fabricio "segfault" Cannini wrote:
> I, for example,  could never set vim to use a specific font.
> If i'd do so, kvim would freak out and display the text very badly.
> Example:
> <text_diplayed_in_vim>
> Mary had a little lard.
> </text_diplayed_in_vim>
>
> <text_diplayed_in_kvim>
> M   a r      y ha   d  a lit      t  le  l       ar  d
> <text_diplayed_in_kvim>
>
> Then I simply put kvim aside.

I know that it doesn't matter anymore, but still. This is my ~/.gvimrc which
can explain what you were supposed to do:

        if has("gui_kde")
           set guifont=Andale\ Mono/12/-1/5/50/0/0/0/0/0
        else
           set guifont=DejaVu\ Sans\ Mono\ 10
        endif

I believe part of the bad reputation kvim got was caused by people being too
lazy to do things slightly different than gvim/GTK (which does things again
differently than gvim/Athena).

Best,

        Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

There is the story of a pastor who got up one Sunday and
announced to his congregation: "I have good news and bad news.
The good news is, we have enough money to pay for our new
building program. The bad news is, it's still out there in your
pockets."
      -- innocent Subject line of very non-innocent spam