Re: OpenPGP/Mime in KMail broken in Sarge

Am Montag, 4. April 2005 13:54 schrieb Pierre Habouzit:
> Le Lundi 4 Avril 2005 13:16, Hendrik Sattler a écrit :
> > I even restarted it. My config is ok:
>
> here is your problem.
> in GPG_AGENT_INFO you have the path to the socket, the pid, and a number
> (I don't know its meaning)
>
> if your restart gpg-agent, then kmail won't find gpg-agent again, since
> the location changed, but not the env var it sees.

Not, if I start KMail from the shell where I exported that variable.
Read my mail:
 3291 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/gpg-agent --daemon --sh
$ echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO
/tmp/gpg-nDWDgZ/S.gpg-agent:3291:1

And _from_that_shell_ I start "kmail".

> so you have to kill gpg-agent, quit X, and log again, and that should
> work out from the box.

That's what's done when you boot a computer. And that's what I did this
morning.

> don't forget to add 'use-agent' in .gnupg/gpg.conf

It's not that gpg-agent doesn't get started by the script
in /etc/X11/Xsession.d, in fact it does.

> another option, is to find the right socket, and symlink it in .gnupg/
> eg. and then do that :
>
> gpg-wrap.sh:
> #!/bin/bash
> export GPG_AGENT_INFO=$HOME/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent:1234:1
> exec "$@"

I'll try that one.

HS