Re: KDE/Konqeror - mounting NFS export hangs Konquerer and K-MenuI

El Domingo, 9 de Enero de 2005 13:25, C. Hurschler escribió:
> Hello Anders,
>
> I have the NFS export mounted to /mnt/athlon/ with a link on the
> KDE-Desktop. I have it set users in fstab so I can mount it from there,
> which takes a while until it comes up.  All other attempts to start
> Konqueror after that, from a Home link on the Desktop for instance, take
> very long.  K-Panel does not respond until Konqeror comes back.

That's very strange. KDE I/O is fully asynchronous. Try to disable all
previsualizations.

> From console i.e. without even logging into the xserver, the mount takes
> long, and I get an error "RPC: failed to contact portmap (errno -5)", but
> the mount is ok and I can move through directories and copy files or
> directories in both directions normally.

That RPC error seems local famd try to talk with remote famd. Do you know if
the remote host is running fam and listening incoming connections? fam is the
File Alteration Monitor.