Konqueror doesn't save file associations

I have a problem with konqueror from kde 3.3.1 in sid. When I select a file,
like a html file in konqueror and right click, and select open with.. Then
select kate from the tree dialog and click remember association. Everything
seems to work fine. Kate opens the html file in the editor.

However the association is not saved. When I try the exact same thing again,
konqueror has forgotten the association.

Looking through the ~/.kde/share/mimelnk/text/
a file is created called html.desktop, which contains:

[Desktop Entry]
X-KDE-AutoEmbed=false

What's going on?

Anders