Re: Mounting CIFS shares causes KDE lockups (possible famd problem)

On Friday 10 December 2004 06:25 am, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> Fredag den 10. december 2004 11:20 skrev Marcin Juszkiewicz:
> > Dnia piątek 10 grudnia 2004 10:59, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen napisał:
> > > If I were to give a guess, I would say that this has something to do
> > > with the file alteration monitor (famd) not liking something CIFS is
> > > doing.
> >
> > I don't have famd installed as it is not needed since few KDE versions.
>
> Huh? Plenty of kde packages depend on libfam0c102.
>
> But that package only recommends fam?
>
> Whats the deal here? Can libfam work without fam?
>
> /me is confused.
>
> Anders

I think libfam0c102 only Recommends fam so that programs can link against the
library rather than dlopen it yet not require fam to be installed.  I also
removed fam, and now konqueror doesn't always update directories / file icon
previews when changes occur (though sometimes it does), so libfam at least
doesn't work as well without the daemon installed.

Josh