Kdeprint + canon pixma iP 4000

hi!

today i tried to install my network printer which is connected to my sister's computer running Win XP. So
i entered control center -> peripherials ->printers and added a new printer. Then i realized that it wasn't cups
so i deleted the printer (it wasn't printing anyway) and i started cups configuration(samba detects the printer).
Unfortunately Canon pixma iP 4000 doesn't seem to be supported. well, but there was canon BJ 4000 and i added it. When i entered
windows xp on my computer i saw that the folder with drivers to the printer (i had to install these in order to print
through my network) was named BJ so i though "cool, it must be working under my linux". But unfortunately
cups seems to transfer the file but nothing happens...

Did anyone have a similar problem ? Maybe someone has also Canon pixma iP 4000/Canon BJ 4000 and it works
under one's linux ?

Thanks in advance for any help!

ML