Re: KDE 3.2.2: plenty of fonts not found

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 06:18 am, Christian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am still working on installing KDE 3.2.2 in woody. Thanks to all the
> people who already contributed to my previous questions. I will try out
> the suggestion tonight and post the outcome.
>
> There is still another problem: Plenty of founds are not recognised by
> KDE. Xfont-select shows they are present but they do not appear in the
> drop down menus when choosing for instance the standard font in KDE.
>
> How can I tell KDE to find the other fonts as well?
>
> Christian
>
> --
> Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Ausgaben der TV Movie mit DVD
> ++++ Jetzt anmelden und testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++++

Well, it is just a guess, but could it be that you are missing all the
bitmapped fonts?  I don't remember what KDE 2.2 did for fonts, but I think
3.x uses fontconfig, which has bitmap fonts disabled by default.

To enable them, edit /etc/fonts/local.conf and uncomment where it says to to
enable bitmapped fonts.

Josh