Font Problems

Hello,

after updating my Debian SID machine, my fonts started to look really weird.
The edges of the fonts are red, blue and green. I tried to turn subpixel
rendering on and off in KControl and I also tried different options for
subpixel rendering: rgb, bgr, vertical rgb, vertical bgr. It does change the
way the fonts look. For rgb and bgr i have red, green and blue edges on the
right and on the left of the font. For vertical rgb and bgr I have red, green
and blue edges at the upper and the lower edge of the font. If I turn of
antialiasing completely, the fonts look really bad. They look kind of rugged
(sorry, I don't know if this is exactly the right word). Does anyone know how
to fix this? I am using fontconfig version 2.2.3-2, libfontconfig 2.2.3-2 and
libxft2 2.1.2-6 and an Fujitsu-Siemens P17 LCD Display,

Michael