Re: Font Problems

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 09:20, Michael Thaler shaped the electrons to
shout:
> Hello,
>
> after updating my Debian SID machine, my fonts started to look really
> weird. The edges of the fonts are red, blue and green. I tried to turn
> subpixel rendering on and off in KControl and I also tried different

It's the new defaults in fontconfig (I really wander how they choose
defaults wihout testing in at least common screen) that enabled
autohining. Disable it in /etc/fonts/local.conf

  <match target="font">
    <edit name="autohint" mode="assign">
      <bool>true</bool>
            ^^^^
    </edit>

Change to false.

> 2.1.2-6 and an Fujitsu-Siemens P17 LCD Display,

And enable subpixeling again.

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34
  http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/