Re: apt-* (dist-)upgrade 3.1.4 to 3.2.2 Woody Debs Very Alarming

I just did a 3.1.3 upgrade to 3.2.3 (sic) and the only thing that failed
was postgresql, but I played a lot.  However, the following packages were
kept back.
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages have been kept back
  cervisia debconf kappfinder kate kbabel kbugbuster kcalc kcontrol kdebase
  kdebase-bin kdebase-kio-plugins kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4
  kdelibs4-dev kdeprint kdesdk kdesdk-kfile-plugins kdesdk-misc kdesktop
  kfind khelpcenter kicker klipper kmail kmenuedit kompare konqueror  konqueror-nsplugins konsole kpager kpersonalizer ksmserver ksnapshot
  ksplash kspy ksysguard ksysguardd ktip kwin libarts1 libarts1-dev
  libkdenetwork2 libkonq4 libpaperg libqt3-headers libqt3-mt-dev poxml
  qt3-dev-tools xbase-clients xlibmesa-dev xlibmesa3 xlibs xlibs-dev0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 54  not upgraded.

apt-get install libxcursor1 got me to the next step, as it now depends on
different packages, however this still wasn't a new enough version
according to apt-get.
"ksplash: Depends: libxcursor1 (> 1.1.2) but 1.0.2-1woody2 is to be
installed"
This would stop the meek and timid from using apt-get, although it SHOULD
work that easy, but remember this is not standard Debian tree stuff.  I
suggest that we get that dependency taken care of before you try it.
Andreas?

However, I notice you using backports, so it might be different, but I see
no libxcursor there so I expect the same results for you.