Re: changing proxy settings of konqueror in a shell script

* Tobias Kraus [Thu, 13 May 2004 14:49:20 +0200]:

> not change). This can be achieved by changing the ProxyType setting
> (from 0 to 2 and vice versa) in ~/.kde/share/config/kioslaverc:

  Just in case:

    $ sed -ie 's/ProxyType=0/ProxyType=2/' ~/.kde/share/config/kioslaverc

> I have to tell konqueror to re-read kioslaverc. For this, I wanted to
> use dcop, but I couldn't find the correct function to call in kdcop -
> if there is one.

  I know pretty little about KDE internals but:

    1. Have you tried what happens if you edit the file by hand? I know
       KDE monitors changes in files under ~/.kde, so perhaps it would
       detect the changes automagically. If not, what happens if you
       restart konqueror?

    2. If the above doesn't work, you can try `dcop kded kbuildsycoca
       recreate`. I'm not sure what this does exactly, but kbuildsycoca
       is KDE's cache or sth. like that, so it may be worth trying.

  hth someway.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

# nobody is perfect
$ su - nobody