Re: changing proxy settings of konqueror in a shell script

Am Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2004 15:26 schrieb Adeodato Simó:
> * Tobias Kraus [Thu, 13 May 2004 14:49:20 +0200]:
> > not change). This can be achieved by changing the ProxyType
> > setting (from 0 to 2 and vice versa) in
> > ~/.kde/share/config/kioslaverc:
>
>   Just in case:
>
>     $ sed -ie 's/ProxyType=0/ProxyType=2/'
> ~/.kde/share/config/kioslaverc

I didn't care about this yet - but I knew it wouldn't be difficult ;-)
Thanks

> > I have to tell konqueror to re-read kioslaverc. For this, I
> > wanted to use dcop, but I couldn't find the correct function to
> > call in kdcop - if there is one.
>
>   I know pretty little about KDE internals but:
>
>     1. Have you tried what happens if you edit the file by hand? I
> know KDE monitors changes in files under ~/.kde, so perhaps it
> would detect the changes automagically. If not, what happens if you
> restart konqueror?

I wanted the changes to take effect immediately - I use laptop-net to
configure my network interface automatically when my laptop is
plugged in. After reconfiguring my interface, the proxy settings
should be changed automatically without any user interaction...

>     2. If the above doesn't work, you can try `dcop kded
> kbuildsycoca recreate`. I'm not sure what this does exactly, but
> kbuildsycoca is KDE's cache or sth. like that, so it may be worth
> trying.

no, didn't work, but thank you!

Tobias

--
Diese Email-Adresse dient nur als Spam-Ziel.
Nachrichten an diese Adresse werden nicht gelesen!

This email address is a spam-tarpit.
Mails sent to this address are not read!