krfb on 3.2.1 malfunction?

Hullo :)

I've just installed a fresh unstable suite on my notebook (kdebase then
single packages as-needed to keep the clutter down), and all is
working well up to a point :)

This machine has been Win2000-based running TightVNC so we can control
it remotely, and the docs seem to suggest that krfb is capable of the
same functionality - i.e. always listen for a connection, and provide
access to the X11 desktop via only a password (Uninvited Connections).

Unfortunately, when I connect to port 5900 from another PC, I do not see
the familiar "RFB 003.003", but instead I either connect and then get no
data, or connect and get immediately disconnected again.

Whilst this is happening, the desktop chugs a bit, and KDE System Tray
makes room for a blank icon, but I do not see any actual icon displayed.

I can't find anything in syslog, or the ~/.xsession-errors file - where
can I find more information on this problem? :)

Cheers,
Gavin.