Re: Wiki seems to be fibbing; KDE not installable in testing

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 08:12:52PM +0100, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Dominique Devriese writes:
>
> > Ross Boylan writes:
> >> # apt-get -d install kde-core
> >> Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done Some
> >> packages could not be installed.
>
> > Can you please attach the output of
>
> > apt-get -s -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=1 install kde-core
>
> > and please keep the cc to 193376-quiet@bugs.debian.org
>
> Ok, I've received the output from Ross, on investigation, this is yet
> another consequence of the broken kdebase version which is still in
> testing, and meta-kde not getting into testing.  The Debian KDE
> maintainers are working on this, it should get fixed before sarge
> comes out.
>
> cheers
> domi

Thanks.  I think I'll probably go ahead and install from unstable.
Any reason not to?

Would it be appropriate to update the wiki to note install from
testing doesn't work at the moment?

Just to be sure I'm following, is this the problem:
kde-core depends on ksysguard which depends on ksysguardd.
The latter depends on different versions of libsensors in testing and
unstable, and the version in testing doesn't exist.  So it blocks install?