Re: k3b & kernel 2.6

> Cdrdao in Sid does support atapi on kernel 2.6.

As I've just found out recently (through reporting it incorrectly as a bug
myself) cdrdao is indeed patched to support ATAPI.  I can confirm this as
I've tested it myself today.

cdrdao copy --source-device /dev/hdc --device /dev/hdd --speed 24 (etc
options)

The problem from what I can see is that K3B assumes that the support is not
there based on the version number and thus disables usage of the reader in
copying.

I'll test that patch out myself later on when I get a moment to see if I can
confirm it, but if you could report a bug on it including the patch it would
be much appreciated.

Btw what effect will this line have on the Debian sources?

&& bin->version.suffix() == "-suse" ) ) {

Should this be changed to something to reflect debian's cdrdao package?

Todd