Re: k3b & kernel 2.6

Germain CHAZOT wrote:

> shouldn't this patch be proposed for k3b, if isn't already set in
> mainstream? But I don't know and didn't find if the version of cdrdao
> in Cid supports atapi with kernel 2.6? If so, the code above should
> also check the kernel version rather than base only on cdrdao
> version.
> Correct me if I am wrong but it is the combination of cdrdao 1.1.7 and
> kernel 2.6 that makes trouble. Because cdrdao handles atapi devices
> only with kernel 2.6 (without scsi emulation I mean).
> Maybe I misunderstand all this....

Cdrdao in Sid does support atapi on kernel 2.6.  And yes, the problem
appears to be related to cdrdao using the new atapi interface.  K3b assumes
that cdrdao can't handle it.

I should file a bug report, but I haven't tested this much.  I just wanted
something that would quickly work for me.  Can you test if the patch works
for you too?  If so, I'll file a report and include the little kludge.