Re: KDE 3.1 Still missing sound

Am Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2003 12:22 schrieb Andre Schaefer:

[snip]
> Yes, it does indeed for the root user. For me as normal user it throws
> infinitely many knotify error windows.
[snip]

Ok, I solved that one. It was a bit tricky:
KDE wanted to display a warning message, that the sound server could not be
startet with realtime scheduling priority. For the message box a file named
libx11globalcomm.la
was needed, which did not exist on my system. (And caused knotify to fail in
an endless loop) For KDE 3.0.5a it came with libarts1-qt, obviously, but I
purged that package, following Ralf Noldens README....

For KDE 3.1 it lives in libarts1-dev. After installing that, sound works well.

* André