Re: KDE 3.1 Still missing sound

Am Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2003 00:45 schrieb Henning Moll:

> Hi Thomas!
>
> Hmm, you're running sarge, right?

Me too ! I have the same problem.

> Open a konsole and start noatun there. Does it complain about a missing
> library 'libvorbisfile.so.0'?

yes.

> In that case, become root and do:
>
> cd /usr/lib
> ln -s libvorbisfile.so.3 libvorbisfile.so.2
> ln -s libvorbisfile.so.2 libvorbisfile.so.1
> ln -s libvorbisfile.so.1 libvorbisfile.so.0
> ln -s libvorbisenc.so.2 libvorbisenc.so.1
> ln -s libvorbisenc.so.1 libvorbisenc.so.0
>
> sound should work now.

Yes, it does indeed for the root user. For me as normal user it throws
infinitely many knotify error windows.

A rights problem? I am in group audio, if that helps.

How can I capture the text of the error messages in knotify windows? As every
10th of a second a new one pops up, I have no chance to see the contents of
the second tab, there ...

Any log file I could inspect?

Cheers,

* André