Re: Woody/KDE3.1RC7 debs : Screensavers Report

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:48:24 +0000, Paul Cupis wrote:

>KDE users should use xscreensaver-nognome over xscreensaver-gnome, if they do
>not have gnome installed.
>
>It seems that installing xscreensaver-gnome may cause (some) duplicate entries
>in the (x)screensaver list when using KDE.
>
>Not quite sure what my point is, but I hope that clarifies things somewhat.

[grin]

Yes, thanks Paul - it did clarify things a bit.  I'm inferring that
xscreensaver-foo _is_ optional though, and that I don't _have_ to have
any variation of it.

Cheers,
Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming: Never test for an
error condition you don't know how to handle.