Re: Woody/KDE3.1RC7 debs : Screensavers Report

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:23:07AM +0000, Nick Boyce wrote:
-snip-
> [I only have a generic ATI xserver installed so I guess that's why the
> pretty GL screensavers are slow - does anyone know which xserver is
> good for giving OpenGL with an ATI Rage Pro ?]
>
> I installed kscreensavers to get these savers - I've seen people
> mention a package called kdeartwork-screensavers but that's not at
> Ralf's site.

I am not sure if this is the main site for mach64 dri information but
here is what I found:

http://dri.sourceforge.net/ <- main dri page
http://www.retinalburn.net/linux/dri_status.html <- Mach64 specific

Mach64 dri afaik is not supported in XFree86 4.2 and probably not in
4.3 either. Mach64 based video cards were new technology around 1997 so
even once dri works for the cards it will still be fairly slow by
today's standards.

Chris