Re: konqueror web browser and txt files

On Sunday 19 January 2003 04:46 pm, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> On Sunday 19 January 2003 21:05, Nathaniel W. Turner wrote:
> > You might approach this wishlist bug from the point of view of "I would
> > like KWrite to page-down when spacebar is pressed in read-only mode".  I
> > am
>
> For whatever reason (could be it's faster) he wants to use the embedded
> text viewer. I like it like that also.

Ah, I see.  I guess I didn't read the original message carefully enough.  I
thought he was using an embedded kwrite (kate) part.

> I don't know what you mean by kpart, but konqueror already has an embedded
> text viewer. I use it. It can't scroll down when you press space. That
> might be a nice thing to have so that's why we suggest a wishlist bug is
> filed against it.

Ah, well, when I right click on a text file in konq, I get these options under
the "Preview In" menu:
  Embedded KDE Advanced Text Editor Component
  KWord
  Qt Designer Based Text Editor
Perhaps your system is different (I'm running pretty recent debs).

> Personally I would hate to use KWrite for this since it is slow to start
> up, especially when you keep in mind that konqueror is already running and
> can display text files just fine. Also most users rarely look at source
> codes in the text viewer, so having syntax highlighting is pretty useless.

Hmm... when I open a text file in konquerer using the "Embedded KDE Advanced
Text Editor Component" (the same component used by kwrite), the file displays
in less than 1 second.  But maybe this is the same thing you are talking
about.

Anyway, sorry if I confused the issue.

--
Nathaniel W. Turner