Re: broken bookmarks in konq, latest Karolina debs

> P.S. I *just* remembered.  I did do a dpkg --purge on several kde
> packages this afternoon.  Is it possible that wiped out a file I need?
> AFAIR, it was some arts1 related stuff, and maybe some kde apps
> (kreatecd was definetly one of them).

Replying to my own post, tacky, I know.  I am the fourth or so person
that's been hit by this bug, and each time (I think this has been
correlated), it is after dpkg --purge'ing a package that we don't need.
It appears that there are non-core packages that list the
ui_standards.rc file as something that should be removed whilst purging
the package.  At least, that's the only explanation I can come up with,
because I definetly did not purge libkdeui-data (at least, until I
needed to in order to get the rc file back).

So, this is just an FYI, a thanks for all the hard work, and a have a
nice day!

Oh, I just realized, I didn't meantion what I did to fix it:
dpkg --force-depends --purge libkdeui-data
dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/libkdeui-data_4%3a3.1.0+rc6+kl-3_all.deb

Just dpkg -i'ing the file without first purging did *not* restore the
file.

D.A.Bishop