broken bookmarks in konq, latest Karolina debs

Running the latest sid and Karolina debs, I don't get bookmarks in
Konqueror.  When I check .xsession-errors, I see the following.  Looking
into .kde/share/apps/konqueror, it appears it just keeps making a backup
of my bookmarks.xml file, and creating a new one.  And if I remove my
bookmarks.xml file (i.e., the empty one it keeps creating), it just
creates another empty one.  If I then set a bookmark, quit, then
relaunch, it moves that one and creates and empty one.  All of that just
means that it isn't a weird character or something, it happens no matter
what. And the menu items seem to duplicate themselves.  Ideas?

WARNING: Can't open /home/david/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml
WARNING: KBookmarkManager::findByAddress: couldn't find item
ASSERT: "isGroup()" in kbookmark.cc (268)
ASSERT: "!parentBookmark.isNull()" in kbookmarkmenu.cc (253)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::iconify() to
KWinInternal::Acqua::iconify()
KThemeStyle cache seems corrupt!
Seems to be the relevant item.  But a recursive find in my .kde reveals
nothing with "theme" or "style" in the name, that appears to be a cache.
Oh, and I also logged out and deleted everything in /tmp with my name.

HTH (track down the bug), and HAND!

D.A.Bishop

P.S. I *just* remembered.  I did do a dpkg --purge on several kde
packages this afternoon.  Is it possible that wiped out a file I need?
AFAIR, it was some arts1 related stuff, and maybe some kde apps
(kreatecd was definetly one of them).