Re: ~/.Xdefaults not working ???

Michael D. Schleif wrote:

> Here are ~/.muttrc color commands:
>
>    # grep ^color ~/.muttrc | sort
>    color   attachment      blue            default
                                             ^^^^^^^
As a quick fix, try setting the background color explicitly.  Also, the
"default" background is black in mutt.  Mutt apparently does not inherit
the terminal's background color as its default background color.

> Can I safely remove kde from the root-cause analysis?  How?

If you suspect kde is the cause, debug it under a different, simpler,
window manager.  I prefer twm; it's about as simple as it gets.

Try different combinations of classes for your resources.  You have
quite the mix right now:

*charClass:                33:48,37:48,45-47:48,64:48
xterm*font:                9x15
*background:               white
*foreground:               black
*scrollKey:                true
*scrollTtyOutput:          false
Scrollbar.JumpCursor:      true
*visualBell:               true
XTerm*reverseWrap:         true
XTerm*saveLines:           9999
XTerm*scrollBar:           true
XTerm.VT100.titeInhibit:   true
XTerm.VT100*dynamicColors: on

Since these are all intended for xterm I suggest you use the "XTerm"
class for all of them (like the last 5).  You have mentioned "XTerm
(Unicode)", so try UXTerm as the class also.  If you invoke mutt from a
debian-created menu, see what your x-terminal-emulator alternative is
set to (it should be xterm).

I don't know anything about the mutt scrolling that you're trying.
Sorry.