Re: ~/.Xdefaults not working ???

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 09:00:16PM -0500, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
[snip]
> ~/.Xdefaults is *NOT* used on my woody/kde3 boxen, unless I invoke it
> manually:
>
>    xrdb -load ~/.Xdefaults
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Is there some other, kde-way to do this?
>
> What do you think?

It looks (according to man X) like you need to name it .Xdefaults-hostname
now (substitute your actual hostname, of course).

I seem to remember reading somewhere that you aren't actually supposed to
use xrdb with app-defaults files, only with resource files... but I can't
seem to find now where I read that.

--
Furrfu!		r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t