Re: woody 3.0_R1, kde3.1 and Kile

Hi!

Try to apt-get install zlib1g-dev. Also, it's generally a good idea
to build a deb package and dpkg -i <the package.deb> instead of "make
install". Kile 1.32 sources are available at

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kile/kile_1.3.2.orig.tar.gz
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kile/kile_1.3.2-5.diff.gz

(binaries are only available for unstable).

The steps required to build a package are:

- download *both* files into the same directory
- tar xzf kile_1.3.2.orig.tar.gz
- uncompress kile_1.3.2-5.diff.gz
- cd kile-1.3.2
- patch -p1 < ../kile_1.3.2-5.diff
- make ./debian/rules executable (e.g. chmod 777 debian/rules)
- dpkg-buildpackage (if it isn't there, apt-get install dpkg-dev)

Then, the package should build automatically; you can find the .deb
in the same directory you copied kile_1.3.2.orig.tar.gz to
afterwards.

Regards,

Stephan