woody 3.0_R1, kde3.1 and Kile

Dear Debian Users/Developers,

I recently installed kde3.1 on my woody. Nice result! I added the swiss mirror
in my sources.list file
# kde 3.1.1
deb ftp://ftp.solnet.ch/mirror/KDE/stable/latest/Debian stable main

And performed a dist-upgrade. Everything works fine, but a program previously
called ktexmaker2, then kile, is missing.

Kile seems not to be avalaible in .deb file (or I did a wrong search with
google, apt-cache, and so...)

So I downloaded Kile1.5.tar.gz, installed libqt3 (don't now if other related
packages required) and tried to compile using gcc 3.2. a ./compile gives the
following error:
checking for libz... configure: error: not found. Check your installation and
look into config.log

apt-cache search libz give me a lot of differnt possibilities, from the video,
to the runtime compression (the latter been installed)

So, because I'm not a Linux developper (maybe one day...) does anybody have an
idea of what is missing? Or maybe more easy: does anybody know where there
could be  a kile.deb file for me?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help

Have a nice day everybody

Fabrice