Re: KDE 3.1.1 Fast as root but slow as User

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 03:34, Daniel Stone wrote:

> > I just tried the
> > 	chown root.root /tmp/.ICE-unix
> > 	/etc/init.d/kdm restart
> > and it really kicks it. Increadible but this this reduces the KDE startup
> > time to 1/3. Maybe there are other tweaks. I will go on trying, maybe

> > Even if some startup script fixes this permission, it still makes no
> > sense to me.
>
> Well, as I said, it makes ICE use a faster IPC mechanism.

I have done this on my system now and for the record, my system does not seem
any faster at all. A couple of things appears to a bit faster, but other
things seem to actually be slower after this. I have added it to a S25
startup script I have written.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1 on Debian GNU/Linux