Re: dialy wine: for woody?

tomas pospisek <tpo2@sourcepole.ch> writes:

> Btw. I've just upgraded libc6 from stable to unstable:
>
> tpo@petertosh:~$ dpkg -s libc6 |grep Version
> Version: 2.3.1-8
>
> Everything still works - even java:
>
> tpo@petertosh:~/src/_java$ javac hello.java
> tpo@petertosh:~/src/_java$ java HelloWorldApp
> Hello World!
>
> tpo@petertosh:~/src/_java$ dpkg -s j2sdk1.3|grep Version
> Version: 1.3.1-1

You will fail, 1.3.1-1 uses symbols that do not exist in the new
libc.  If you really want to run 1.3.1, then you should use IBM's
JDK.  If you can go to 1.4, then grab the beta blackdown 1.4.  Running
1.3 with libc 1.3.1 is just going to bite you.

Need proof?  <ponder>  Do something that called __wait_pid (I believe
that is it) -- you'll get an unresolved symbol.  Or look at the
debian-java list archives.

--
-rupa