Re: KDE debs building

Ralf Nolden wrote:

On Monday 16 September 2002 17:25, Yenar Calentaure wrote:

I have enough C++ experience to fix (or workaround at least) most common
problems. There are little chances to get cvsup in middle of week for me
unfortunately.

Well, in that case I'd prefer sending you the according build files per email that the developers checked in to make it compile again. Even though you can fix issues yourself, you'll never know how it ends up in the real code comitted to CVS later. We'll find a solution to that problem in case we'll hit it, I guess.

If compilation breaks and i find solution, i usually send patches to kde-devel. Sure, I don't know what will maintainer do, but it is still better to have slightly broken packages than having no packages at all :).

As of sending updates to me by mail... I don't know if this is usable. It is hard to get right revisions to diff, and time of update isn't relevant (there are mirror sync, cvsup <-> cvs and probably other issues). It is probably easier to get cvsup working on weekdays for me.

Anyway, i did cvsup today and i am going to build packages. It is quite probable that i'll be able to upload them next week. I'll try to publish them through http, so they can be pulled by you (this will be probably the best solution for me). Beware: the line is synchronous 128kb AFAIK (or 128/64 in worst case), so download speed won't be very impressive :(.

I don't know if my last mail made it into your mailbox (the perl filter script) - i had some trouble with mozilla mail (i'm mailing from windoze box... this is very unfortunate).

I ran into one problem with the script though. In KDE, binaries have two parts: /usr/bin binary and /usr/lib .so file. The kdelibs-bin includes (as expected) both for every app. This means i cannot filter on /usr/bin to get file-list for such package. Probably the best solution is to enumerate binary file names (as in (?:bin1|bin2|binx)).

It will be handy to allow variable substitution in filter control file. Is there any standard way of definining such variables inside of control file? If not, is something like
Var-(varname): blah
acceptable? This means all leading/trailing whitespace will be trimmed from variable.

cheers
    yenar

- -- We're not a company, we just produce better code at less costs.
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org

inetname: Yenar Calentaure
realname: Peter Rockai
    mail: yenar(at)host.sk
homepage: http://yenar.host.sk
The universe is entering maintenance mode in 2 minutes. Please logout.
                                     -- Your administrator