FW: kde3 & debian & xinerama

This should be posted on debian-kde...

Tamas

-----Original Message-----
From: Ignacio Solis [mailto:isolis@igso.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:38 PM
To: nagytam@web.de
Subject: kde3 & debian & xinerama

Hi.

This is just a small bug report on the KDE 3.0.3 packages for debian. I
just installed them yesterday so I haven't looked too much into the
problem to submit a patch or anything. I didn't think this was for
debian-devel so you seem to be a good choice to send it to.

KDE3 has problems initializing in Xinerama mode.

With my kde2 files (already working on xinerama) kde3 starts fine.

If I erase .kde and .kderc KDE3 tries to initialize/etc but it doesn't
complete. After restarting a few times it almost finishes starting but
doesn't initialize completely the panel.

If I disable xinerama in X the initialization works fine, but it doesn't
let me enable kde-xinerama support.

I don't know if this is KDE3 issues or packaging issues, haven't tried
other kde3s with xinerama.

Later,

Nacho

--
In theory, practice and theory are the same, but in practice they are
different EEE8 08C9 FBAE B471 9691  CE7A 1CC8 D3DE B31E 10AB GPG Public