Fwd: Re: KDE debs building

Hi Ralf,
	Sorting the 'mess'of KDE packages on Debian will be a very nice achievement.
I would just like to point a specific problem for the KDE translators. When,
like now, we are working on KDE 3.1, we need to have a CVS version of KDE to
check the new applications and see in context the strings to be translated.
Translators are generally not developpers, have slow computers, and not the
skill to compile from CVS.
	For our use, Macolu (http://matthieu.robin.free.fr/linux/) has created some
debs of KDE CVS version that can be installed side by side with a stable KDE
in /opt/kde3cvs. You have to create a special user to use these debs and can
use on the same box a stable and a experimental KDE.
	I think it would be nice and very useful to have a system like that that can
create experimental snapshots debs of KDE (with names like kdebase-CVS,
etc...) and generate stable debs when a new stable version comes out.
	By this way, Debian could become the reference distribution for the people
(artists, translators, people writing documentation, bughunters, etc.) that
need bleeding edge KDE but are unable or unwilling to compile from CVS.

Cheers,
Charles

--
cmiramon@kde-france.org