Re: Kbear crashes in KDE3.1beta on Debian unstable

On Thursday 05 September 2002 03.49, you wrote:
Hi
I'm the author of KBear and what you got here is actually two different
errors:

> Kbear crashes upon opening in KDE3.1beta1 on Debian unstable. The packages
> for KDE3.1beta1 I got from http://folk.uio.no/johannwi/kde3.1-beta1/, so
> perhaps this is a bug with those packages. I am emailing the maintainer of
> KBear, the debian-kde mailing list, and the creator of the KDE packages.
> Hopefully one of you will be able to comment as to the correct place to
> file an official bug report. I don't wish to clog anyone's Bugzilla with
> someone else's bugs. Without further ado:
> Trying to start Kbear from the command line:
> nwaddell@taelon:~$ kbear
> WARNING: KActionCollection::beginXMLPlug() already called!
> WARNING: KActionCollection::beginXMLPlug() already called!
> WARNING: KActionCollection::beginXMLPlug() already called!
> WARNING: KActionCollection::beginXMLPlug() already called!

This is caused by KDE-beta1, for some reason the plugin loading is broken in
KDE-beta1 and I'm working to solve it right now. But this doesn't cause the
crash. If you get it running you'll just see two sitemanagers etc. :-/

> kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=libkbearfilesyspart:
> file=/usr/lib/kde3/libkbearfilesyspart.la: libkjava.so.1: cannot open
> kbear: FATAL: No KBearFileSysPart found !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> KCrash: Application 'kbear' crashing...
> ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!

Here it seems as libkbearfilesyspart.la has been compiled with dependency
against libkjava that you doesn't have. Don't ask me what it is or where to
find it, I don't have it either ? Anyway this is causing your crash, because
libkbearfilesyspart is essential for KBear so when it fails to load it I use
something called kdFatal to halt the execution. Maybe Ben can help you out
here since I think it's him who does the packages ?

--
MVH
Björn Sahlström