Re: KDE 3.0.1 debs

Hallo
Am Freitag, 24. Mai 2002 21:45 schrieb Chris Cheney:
> I have uploaded KDE 3.0.1 debs to kde3.geniussystems.net you can join
I've installed them without any problems, but when I wanted to start kde3
(via startx) I got this:
---------------------------------------
DCOPServer up and running.
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kded path = <unknown> pid = 7305
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = ksplash path = <unknown> pid = 7293
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-7304' to 'kded'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kcminit path = <unknown> pid = 7312
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = knotify path = <unknown> pid = 7315
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-7314' to 'knotify'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = ksmserver path = <unknown> pid = 7319
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.
Aftes this I had removed all kde and qt packages and reinstalled kde3, but it
still doesn't work.

Has someone an idea?

Thanks
Anton

P.S.: Chris, I think there are some dependencys missing:
When you install kdebase, kdelibs4 is installed automatically, but when you
start it, kdeinit and artsshell are missing. After installing kdelibs4-bin
and libarts1-bin they were found